International Actuarial Association
Founded in 1895, and reformed in 1998 with a new constitution, the International Actuarial Association (IAA) is the worldwide association of professional actuarial associations, with a number of special interest sections for individual actuaries. The IAA exists to encourage the development of a global profession, acknowledged as technically competent and professionally reliable, which will ensure that the public interest is served. Read More...
The actuarial profession is recognized worldwide as a major player in the decision-making process within the financial services industry, in the area of social protection and in the management of risk, contributing to the well-being of society as a whole.
The mission of the IAA, as the worldwide organization of actuarial associations, is:
to represent the actuarial profession and promote its role, reputation and recognition in the international domain; and
- to promote professionalism, develop education standards and encourage research, with the active involvement of its Member Associations and Sections, in order to address changing needs.
- Final Review Consultation: Proposed final ISAP 5 package sent to member associations and commenters for final review (Consultation period 18 August 2016 to 18 September 2016)
- Final Review Consultation: Proposed final ISAP 1A package sent to member associations and commenters for final review (Consultation period 18 August 2016 to 18 September 2016)
- Public Statement in Development: PS-3-2016 - IAIS Consultation on Risk-based Global Insurance Capital Standard (ICS) Version 1.0
- July 15, 2016 – IAA and Milliman Collaborate to develop a Health Microinsurance Instructional Pricing Tool | (Français)
- Newsletter — June 2016
- Joint informal response to the IFRS Foundation regarding Draft Discount Rate Research Paper - by Joint Working Group of the Insurance Accounting and Pension and Employee Benefits Committees of the IAA (27 June 2016)
- St. Petersburg Special Newsletter — May 2016
- Council and Committee Meetings – Cape Town, South Africa
» 18-21 November 2016
- PBSS Colloquium in Cancun, Mexico
» 4-7 June 2017
- ASTIN & AFIR/ERM Colloquium in Panama City, Panama
» 20-24 August 2017
- IAALS Colloquium in Barcelona, Spain
» 23-25 October 2017
- International Congress of Actuaries in Berlin, Germany
» 4 - 8 June 2018