International Actuarial Association
Founded in 1895, and reformed in 1998 with a new constitution, the International Actuarial Association (IAA) is the worldwide association of professional actuarial associations, with a number of special interest sections for individual actuaries. The IAA exists to encourage the development of a global profession, acknowledged as technically competent and professionally reliable, which will ensure that the public interest is served. Read More...
The actuarial profession is recognized worldwide as a major player in the decision-making process within the financial services industry, in the area of social protection and in the management of risk, contributing to the well-being of society as a whole.
The mission of the IAA, as the worldwide organization of actuarial associations, is:
to represent the actuarial profession and promote its role, reputation and recognition in the international domain; and
- to promote professionalism, develop education standards and encourage research, with the active involvement of its Member Associations and Sections, in order to address changing needs.
- Joint informal response to the IFRS Foundation regarding Draft Discount Rate Research Paper - by Joint Working Group of the Insurance Accounting and Pension and Employee Benefits Committees of the IAA (27 June 2016)
- IAA Recruiting New Executive Director
- St. Petersburg Special Newsletter — May 2016
- News Release June 17, 2016 – IAA Welcomes Two New Member Associations | (Français)
- News Release June 14, 2016 – The Evolution of the Regulatory Role in Russia Introduced to IAA Delegates | (Français)
- IRC Risk Book: IAA Publishes Chapter 11 Resolution of Insolvencies, May 5, 2016
- Newsletter — April 2016
- 2015 Annual Report | (Français)
- 2016-04-15 IAA Response to OECD Consultation on a Draft Recommendation on Disaster Risk Financing Strategies